Our local mission:
InfraGard is designed to address the need for private and public-sector information-sharing mechanisms at both the national and local levels. Current Officers:
InfraGard is designed to address the need for private and public-sector information-sharing mechanisms at both the national and local levels.
Vice President—Felix Loicano
Membership Coordinator—Lydia Lourbacos
Secretary -- Mike Aertker
Treasurer -- John Pouey
September 29, 2011 Resolution of Members creating one Louisiana chapter "Infragard Louisiana Membership Alliance" with subchapters in Acadiana, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Shreveport and changing the name to Infragard Louisiana Membership Alliance (ILMA). Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation: Download 2011-10-03 ILMA Revised Bylaws.pdf (126.2K)
August 28, 2011: Revised the Articles of Incorporation changing the name to LIMA and the corporate address to FBI HQ.
Other Chapter Officers appointed 2/24/2011:
Past President (Advisor to the President)—Henry Newton
Public Information Officer—TBD
Legal Advisor (& Assistant Secretary)--TBD
The Board wishes to express its sincere appreciation to all members offering to serve the Chapter during the nominating process, and especially wishes to express its appreciation to the persons elected to serve. In addition, the Board wishes to express its sincere appreciation for the work of the Nominating Committee, chaired by Chief Richard Bordner and whose members are Lt. Eric Acosta, MSGT Ron Mays, and Jay Smith.
A Board of Directors was elected by a majority vote of the membership at the January 13, 2011 meeting. Link to Bylaws of this Chapter
Captain Ronald Branch USCG (Ret)
John Kelly III, Ph.D.
Master Sergeant Ronald Mays Jr
Robert Muller, MD, MBA/MHA, CEM
Timothy Tomasson, MBA
Henry Newton: Advisor to the Board of Directors
The SIG leaders are listed on the SIG page.
SA Will Hatcher
2901 Leon C. Simon Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70126
Chapter Communication -- because of difficulties maintaining the listserv, all chapter communication will be through this website and Twitter. You may subscribe to email notification of new website posts by clicking the link at the top right of any page, and signing up for email notifications.
For quick access to the chapter website from your smartphone the following QR (quick response) code can be scanned with your smartphone, and will open this website without typing anything in. You will need a smartphone with a camera and a free downloadable QR code reader (available on iTunes AppStore or Android Marketplace).
- Provide members a forum for education and training on infrastructure vulnerabilities and protection measures
- Provide members prompt, value-added threat advisories, alerts, and warnings
- Insure the protection of computer intrusion/threat data shared among InfraGard members, FBI Field Offices, and the National Infrastructure Coordinating Center (NICC) through compliance with proprietary, legal, and security requirements
- Increase the quantity and quality of infrastructure intrusion/threat reports provided to local FBI Field Offices (for investigation and follow-up) and the NICC (for national-level analysis)
- Increase interaction and information sharing among InfraGard members, their associated local FBI Field Offices, and the NICC, on infrastructure threats, vulnerabilities, and interdependencies.
Requesting access to Facebook group and Twitter:
The process to follow us on Twitter or get access to the Facebook group requires the following:
- You must be a member of Infragard Louisiana Membership Alliance (ILMA).You must send an email to the Membership Coordinator and provide your name and "account name in Twitter and/or Facebook.
- We have two Twitter accounts one for general announcements and one for disaster situation reporting please let us know if you would like access to one or both. The disaster situation reporting is only active during imminent or declared disasters.
- Go to ISELAMA (New Orleans)Twitter, log in and "Request to Follow" for general announcements. Note that Tweets are restricted to viewing by ISELAMA members. For Facebook click ISELAMA to go to the Facebook Group and click on the "Join" button.
- Await activation.
Twitter Basics: http://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter-basics
To create a Twitter account:
- Go to http://twitter.com
- Click Sign Up
- Enter a name: for privacy you may not want to use your full or real name as it will appear publically. Twitter is free and supported by marketers, so you may not want to use your real name.
- Enter a User name: this will be the name your Tweets will be viewed as
- Enter a password (longer passwords are better—best passwords are 15+ characters. Use phrases like ThreeBlindMice1)
- Enter an email address
- Uncheck Let others find me by my email address (you can always change this later)
- Uncheck the I Want the inside Scoop—please send me email updates (unless you want their emails)
- Click Create My Account.
- Logon to your Twitter account.
- Type your sentence in the box at the top of the page
- Click Post. You can enter up to 140 characters including spaces.
- Your Tweets are visible to anyone who is “following” you.
- If you “follow” someone you will receive their Tweets in your Twitter account.
To “Follow” another Twitterer (e.g. ISELAMA)
- In the Search box type ISELAMA
- Click “Follow”
Changing your email address:
To change your email address for InfraGard correspondence, please use the following process:
Contact InfraGard Technical Support 24x7 -- Domestic (877) 861-6298 This is the only method to get the email changed. No one in any IMA chapter can make the change. How often should I get an InfraGard email? An email is sent from the InfraGard listserve once per month to verify your email address. The subject line of the email will be "ISELAMA Monthly Verification Email". If you do not receive one, you should call the helpdesk number above and verify your information and membership status.
Contact InfraGard Technical Support 24x7 -- Domestic (877) 861-6298
This is the only method to get the email changed. No one in any IMA chapter can make the change.
How often should I get an InfraGard email?
An email is sent from the InfraGard listserve once per month to verify your email address. The subject line of the email will be "ISELAMA Monthly Verification Email". If you do not receive one, you should call the helpdesk number above and verify your information and membership status.
Other emails may be sent as conditions warrant, or when deemed appropriate. Members should check the website for the latest information regarding the chapter, all announcements will be posted on the http://iselama.typepad.com, Twitter, Facebook and one monthly email, in that order. Announcements made in Twitter and Facebook via the blogs won't be emailed.
Membership ID Cards are distributed when members receive their welcome packets. On a regular basis all vetted members are provided with new cards, they are shipped directly to the InfraGard Coordinator.
In order to obtain your ID card you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope to FBI coordinator listed on the About Us tab.